# Fab Learning Academy Nodes
Local Learning Nodes or Nodes are those Fab Labs and other makerspaces who offer this distributed education course in their space. Learning Nodes provide the equipment, tools, technologies, materials, and hands-on technical training for participating teachers in Fab Learning Academy.
# How can your lab or organization become a Local Learning Node?
- Learning Nodes are required to have the following equipment functioning and available for use for the Fab Learning Academy:
- 3D Printer(s)
- Laser Cutter
- Vinyl Cutter
- CNC mill
- Electronic Components
- Soldering station
- Work tables, internet connection, sink
Learning Nodes are Required to register at least three participating teachers in the program.
Learning Nodes are required to be available for hands-on technical components of the course:
- 2-3 Hours per week of local group instruction
- 2-3 hours per week for additional open lab time and participant support
- Each Learning Node must have a qualified Local Instructor
- One local instructor per 8 participating teachers
- Local Instructor must be a graduate of Fab Academy (opens new window) or have comparable training
- Local instructors must be available for participant support (above)
- Must attend weekly planning meeting with global committee
- Contact the Fab Learning Academy Executive Board
- email FLA@fabfoundation.org for more information on registering as a Local Node